Week 1 sample by Chef Michele
- 1 lb Radiatorre pasta cooked to packaged directions and cooled
- 1/2 can of jersey fresh tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 bunch of asparagus cut on a diagonal into half inch pieces
- 12 small cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella use cubed-log pre-sliced is ideal makes cubing easier
- 1/2 bunch basil chopped
- Sauté shallots and garlic in 1/4 cup of EVOO for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 can of tomatoes.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Cook for 1/2 hour, then allow to cool.
- Sauté asparagus into EVOO. S&P to taste. Cook for five minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool. Combine all ingredients including pasta into a large bowl.
- Add more S&P and EVOO to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to over-night. Serve at room temp. and sprinkle with grated cheese & fresh chopped basil.