Giada De Laurentis via DeSimone of Cranford!
- 1 lb Farfalle
- 3 TB butter
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms-thickly sliced
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed, cut crosswise to 1”pieces
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- Pinch fresh nutmeg
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Fresh chopped basil (Optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
2. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat, add the mushrooms and sauté until tender and most of the juices have evaporated, ~ 5 min.
3. Add pasta, stir in mascarpone and nutmeg and toss until the cheese coats the pasta, adding the reserved cooking liquid 1/4 cup at a time to moisten. Stir in 1/2 cup of walnuts. Season the pasta, to taste w/ S&P
4. Mound the pasta in a bowl. Sprinkle with grated cheese and remaining 1/4 cup walnuts. Serve with fresh basil