- 1 1/2lbs stew meat
- 1 onion, diced
- 10 oz package of sliced mushrooms
- 2 TB Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TB Ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 4 TB water
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 TB arrowroot powder to thicken sauce (optional)
- 2 cups Swiss chard chopped
1. Add the onion, meat, garlic powder, S&P to the crockpot. In a separate bowl mix together the Worcestershire, ketchup & beef broth & pour over the meat . Stir to combine. Cover & cook on low for 7-8 hours.
2. About 30 minutes before serving, mix to- gether the almond meal and water, and add to the crockpot. Add the mushrooms and chard, and 1/2 cup of yogurt. Right before serving, mix in the last 1/4 cup of yogurt. If your sauce needs some thickening, add up to 1 TB of arrowroot powder, and stir well to combine making sure not to leave any lumps!
3. Serve over spaghetti squash or grated cauliflower (go back to this recipe in the fall) for a Paleo diet for everyone else you can use the radiator or favorite cut of pasta…again Paleo’s would use a rice or quinoa pasta!