This one is very simple but a nice way to sneak in some veggies to an already delicious meal!
Casa di Trevi provided this week’s market box with Quattro Fromaggio ravioli, so the fancy name for 4 cheese ravs that are amazing! A way that I like to use to sneak in some greens is by sauteing Swiss chard or another green like spinach or escarole. For the purposes of this recipe we’ll go with Swiss Chard because it is so nutrient rich and comes in the medium box this week.
1. Boil 4-6 quarts of salted water to make the raviolis, and put them in when boiling check periodically, and do not put it on a high heat so they don’t burst.
2. Stir once to avoid sticking, only cook for 2-3 minutes after they surface!
3. Swiss chard time now! Rinse well and break apart- separate the stems and leaves.
4. Then sauté with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
5. Keep an eye on it, don’t let it get charred (haha chard). Cook like spinach, it won’t cook down as much and the stems need a more time (2 more minutes roughly) than the leaves.
6. After draining the rav, mix it together and for a bit more flavor, coconut oil is a great oil to add for flavor and less calories than butter!
Enjoy these delicious raviolis with some green mixed in!